Monday, March 21, 2011

Caught the fever!

For reasons unbeknownst even to me, I decided this year to participate in the annual pastime of March Madness. I filled out a bracket, picked my ponies, and hopped on for a wild ride of college basketball.

What I didn't realize would happen is this: JIMMER FEVER! Now, I went to BYU, and I do have some sense of loyalty to my alma mater, but who knew I would be screaming at my television and getting the "Teach Me How to Jimmer" song stuck in my head? AND LIKE IT?!



I admittedly haven't watched a single BYU men's basketball this season....until last Thursday when they played their first game in the NCAA tournament. Blew my freakin' mind!! I've heard about how amazing Jimmer Fredette's shots are, and I'm not saying he's unstoppable, but holy crap--this stuff is basketball gold.

And apparently he's sparked a lot of controversy for this girl.



Idol worship? I don't think so. Though, maybe for some... At the Gonzaga game last Saturday, the commentators were stating how John Stockton's son played for Gonzaga and how he (Stockton) was there to see him. After Jimmer had slammed a few ridiculously amazing three-point shots, the commentators said that John Stockton's son may play for Gonzaga, but John was there to see Jimmer. As luck would have it, Jimmer's favorite NBA player is Utah Jazz's John Stockton himself.

Looks like I'm not the only one getting on the Jimmer train...my 3-year-old niece calls him her 'boy' and loves watching him on the court.



BYU's been under a lot of pressure to step up their game since Brandon Davies was suspended from the team for an honor code violation. And they have answered the call. My sister saw a fan's sign at Saturday's game that said the following:

Acceptable Honor Code Violations:
Jimmer can score...
Jackson can steal...
Charles can get high...

Jimmer, don't you dare break my heart now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home