Monday, February 14, 2011

Smiles all around!

Last night I did my taxes. I went in with low expectations for how much the government owed me back because you never know what sort of crazy thing could go wrong. I kept watching the "refund amount" up at the top of Turbo Tax, hoping it would stay green. It did. A lot more green than I even dared dream. So I will be paying for my first semester of graduate school without going into debt. Yeehaw.

Today at work, to celebrate a mutual love for the cacao bean--oh, and also because it's Valentine's Day--we are chocolate fountaining it up. Want to know what we're going to try dipping in it?
  • Brownies (made with white chocolate chips, like my family makes 'em)
  • Shortbread
  • Homemade red velvet oreos with cream cheese frosting
  • Chocolate chip cookie dough
  • Mexican vanilla cookies
  • Potato chips (you read that right)
  • Cheesecake bites
  • Marshmallows
  • Juju hearts!
  • Bacon (mmm...bacon...)
  • Angel food cake
  • Strawberries
  • Bananas
  • Candy orange slices
  • Nutter butters
  • Sharp cheddar
  • Gingersnaps
  • Mini doughnuts
  • Pretzels
  • Regular oreos
  • Oatmeal cookies
...and whatever else my co-workers bring. It's still early, so who knows what today has to offer! All weekend long, though, it was a baking extravaganza at my house. What can I say? Baking makes me happy, and when I'm happy I bake. It's a vicious cycle. Viciously tasty...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home