Saturday, February 5, 2011

10 years

Last week, a group on Facebook was formed: DHS Class of '01 10-year reunion. And ever since, I've done my fair share of e-catching up--meaning I've looked at all the posts on the wall and read about what people who have been up to lately. Everyone has been telling us about their children, careers, spouses, etc. I am too shy to share with my entire graduating class on Facebook, but here goes, blogosphere.

Ten years ago, I:
  • Was filling out college applications.
  • Had zero children.
  • Didn't know who I would marry.
  • Drove a car that had seen better days.
  • Wasn't one of the popular kids (and I was ok with it!).
  • Had never been toilet papering.
  • Worked at a job that was more about the cool people I worked with than about the actual work.
  • Judged people for bad spelling.
  • Spent too much time on the computer.
  • Loved Dave's Pizza.

Now I:

  • Just finished filling out my graduate school application.
  • Have no children...and fear for the day that I actually do!
  • Still don't know who I'll marry...or if...
  • Drive an 11-year-old Honda that is usually reliable but has a few 'quirks' (a nice word for problems...)
  • Am spending my Saturday night blogging and watching My Name Is Earl, which is probably indicative of my 'popularity' status
  • Cannot say that I've ever been toilet papering...still.
  • Work at a job where my co-workers are half the reason I go. The other half is protecting human subjects (yeeeeessss...)
  • Chuckle inside at people who are poor spellers.
  • Usually have a computer in front of me.
  • Try to talk my parents into buying Dave's Pizza every time I'm up at their house around dinner time.

Hmmm...so not much has changed? Alright, just kidding. I think most everything has changed. And anyone who knew me back then and knows me now can attest to the fact that I really have gotten better with age.

Still don't know if I'll go to that reunion, though...

3 Comments:

Blogger Adrianne Miller said...

That was very funny. And a little odd! I didn't go to my 10 year. I had just popped out a kid though so no body wanted to see that. They would all be jealous at you and your lack of "baby body." I say go.

February 6, 2011 at 6:59 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

From what I understand, your hair and image has changed quite a bit since your high school days, no?! ;)

You're a very creative writer. I thoroughly enjoy your blog, Ms. Snow.

February 6, 2011 at 10:47 AM

 
Blogger Me said...

Heh heh I had to laugh cause I have been stalking that dang group page too (kinda interesting and nauseating at the same time huh) AND it made me wonder what I'd put so I too have made my own list that I do not know I will post...

I don't know Annie maybe you'll reconnect with an old Dart man...

February 7, 2011 at 10:45 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home