Saturday, January 1, 2011

Countdown FROM 2010...

Usually you count down to a New Year. I'd like to try a little something different here, so I'm counting down ten important events that occurred in 2010.

$10 spent on my new phone. I've only had it for a little while, but I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to pre-smartphone days. Weather. Email. Notes. Scriptures. Camera. Calendar. Flashlight(!). I don't play Angry Birds, but people seem to like it...

* * *
9 months of pregnancy for Natalie, my sister. Which resulted in a bouncing baby Jared! I tell her this about every time I see the wee tyke, but if I were guaranteed a kid as cute and well-behaved as that one, I'd be excited about having kids one day instead of hesitant and scared. Here's my favorite picture of the boy thus far; we were eating sushi and fed him a little bit of the rice with sauce on it...he hated it.



* * *
8-day Ireland vacation with three lovely ladies! I want to lay in a field there and just soak in the ocean breeze and Irish air. I would eat the brown bread and fish & chips and flirt with the guy in the silversmith shop in Kilkenny. I'm still a little skeptical that the Blarney Stone actually helped in the eloquence department...



* * *
7 months to lose 25 lb. And now I'm at my goal weight! (Well, just a titch more now after the holidays...)

* * *
Panel 6 at work. I'd be lying if I said it's been a walk in the park, but it has been good to help train some new board members in order to take care of some of the huge workload we've been undertaking lately. I mean, go research!

* * *
5 biopsy needles. IN. THE. NECK! So glad I a) did not have cancer; and b) don't have to have another neck biopsy anytime soon. Yikes!

* * *
4 new tenants at my condo in Provo. Argh to the turnover!! Here's hoping 2011 brings more stability in the renting environment. If not, I've given serious consideration to selling the place...

* * *
3 different church callings. I started out the year as the Relief Society 2nd counselor, made a detour to the FHE committee for a couple months, and have now settled in nicely as a ward organist. Multi-talented? Um...yeeeeeees. Or just willing to accept. :)

* * *
2 eyes to see the following:
  • Sundance - Frozen and It's A Wonderful Afterlife
  • Hale Center Theater - The Importance of Being Earnest, Fiddler on the Roof, Three Musketeers, Pirates of Penzance
  • Tournament of Kings at Excalibur in Las Vegas
  • Rachel's SLC Women's Choir singing Beatles and 70s tribute music
  • Utah Symphony - Mahler's Titan, Oz with Orchestra, and Bruckner's Symphony No. 9
  • Cake Wrecks on tour
  • SLC Bees game
  • Lord of the Rings marathon...straight through...until 3am...
  • Disneyland!
  • California Adventure (first time)
  • Old Town in San Diego
  • Shakespeare Festival - Macbeth, Much Ado About Nothing, Great Expectations: The Musical, Pride and Prejudice
  • Murder mystery dinner with Poison Ivy Mysteries
  • Capitol Theatre - Lion King (broadway musical), La Boheme (opera), Carmina Burana (ballet)
  • Utah State Fair
  • Springville Museum of Art quilt show
  • Real Salt Lake game
  • Jack Johnson concert
  • Half of Oliver at the Grand Theater and half of Dracula at Kingsbury Hall... (when shopping or sleeping sounds like a better idea than knowing how a play ends, you gotta leave...)
  • Phoenix concert (the band, not the city)
  • San Diego Zoo
  • Mormon Tabernacle Choir with David Archuleta and Michael York in their Christmas concert spectacular
  • Tons of other movies, television, documentaries...

Thanks to the people who have taken me to these shows (*cough* Lacy *cough*) and put up with my silly comments and sometimes ridiculous tears...I love me some theater and film and all other sort of visual stimulation.

* * *

...and the number one thing I did this year? I made one big decision: TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL! GRE, check (halle-freakin'-lujah)! Applications, started! Meeting with the MPA department, done! By this time next year, I will be one semester into a Master's. I'm freaked out. And excited. And entirely nervous...

So, 2011...let's do this thing. Goals/resolutions/awesome changes I'm supposed to make: TBD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home