Saturday, March 12, 2011

Worse than Charlie Brown?

I'm watching A Boy Named Charlie Brown. When you think of Charlie Brown, you think of failure, right? His kite that gets torn to pieces. His horrible baseball skills.

Apparently he can spell better than I can.

When I was in the fourth grade, I was in my elementary school's spelling bee. I was excited and proud and definitely nervous. I did pretty well during the first few rounds. But then I got hit with a pretty tough word.

"Perceive."

And just like that, I was out. Poor 9-year-old Annie.

In the movie, Charlie Brown wins his school's spelling bee. In the second grade. With the word P-E-R-C-E-I-V-E. He could remember the i-before-e-except-after-c rule.



Even Charlie Brown can beat me. Good grief.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

On the other hand, Charlie Brown is infamous for burning toast, and YOU, my dear friend, are capable of making delectable goods. Tell Charlie to spell "De - Freaking - licious"!

March 12, 2011 at 10:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home