Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Remains of the day...

In case you're wondering, no, I've never read the book; I did start it once. Sheesh, just go with it.

Rants for today include the following:

A) The creepy, slimy-talking, can't-wear-anything-but-a-wife-beater across-the-hall neighbor caught me in the hall on my way in today. He does this thing where he tries to be friendly, but it just makes me extremely uncomfortable. And today marks the inauspicious occasion of the third time I've had to listen to the very same diatribe he pulls out about Comcast's new digital boxes and how he thinks it's all one big conspiracy. Sorry dude, but I've got my own Comcast box issue to deal with--which leads me to...

B) None of my shows are recording since the TiVo and the Comcast converter box can't play nice. I take that back--ONE of my shows is recording correctly. It's Jeopardy. I'm thanking my lucky stars.

C) ROAD. CONSTRUCTION. Our good friend, Jeff Foxworthy, had a little something to say about this: "If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter, and road construction, you live in Utah." (He also had some other funny things to say about Utahns...) Dear UDOT, there's something to be said for not having to drive through eight thousand potholes, but please keep a lane or two open during rush hour, will ya? Love, all of Utah humanity.

Speaking of love...today was actually pretty great. The following parts were my favorite:

A) Going to the Corner Bakery with friends. I've never actually eaten there eaten there (does a piece of lemon pound cake from there count?), so it was fun to try something new with a fun group of people. Best turn in conversation? "I would date a white collar criminal...at least they're fairly intelligent." On second thought, though, if they're serving time, they're not that smart. If he were Matt Bomer, however... For those of you who are living in a cave and have peasant-vision (i.e., no cable television), Matt Bomer plays a white collar criminal on USA Network's show White Collar. Highly recommended, if only for the eye candy.

B) Seeing the quilt exhibit at the Springville Museum of Art. It did two things for me: 1) made me drool over all of the awesome piecing, quilting, designing, and fabric (shoot me, I'm a quilt nerd!); 2) piqued my interest in designing quilts--it's not that hard! This hobby shall be explored further... Also at the museum was my lovely friend, Jessica. She's some sort of awesome museum fancy-pants education something-or-other, and she showed me the beautiful sculpture garden and gave me fun facts about the quilts on display.

C) Accomplishing two very immediate goals on my list today: taking out the garbage and going to the bank. Done and done. My bill pays won't bounce and my house won't stink. It's the little things, people.

D) Getting in my bed before 11:30 tonight. Sadly, it's the first time this entire week that this is true. My body is beginning to revolt, but I fight it back with caffeine and long afternoon naps that make the cycle continue perpetually. If there's one thing I've learned: a girl cannot live on Diet Coke and Diet Coke alone. Maybe Diet Coke Plus, though (you know, because of all those 'vitamins' and 'minerals'...).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home