Monday, May 24, 2010

Dumptruck! AKA "How the river beat me up and took its revenge for me throwing a peanut butter M&M into it..."

How does a lovely day on the river (there I am in the back of the boat!) turn into my oar being the only part of me you can see? Or, notice the lack of Annie? That's because I'm UNDER THE RAFT.

Moab was fabulous. Seriously. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend! Shout outs to the following people:

Melinda - Your house in Moab made it possible for windless sleep and afforded me much fatness from some of the world's best cinnamon rolls. Not to mention your laundry and shoe-cleaning service or your homemade granola bars! Yes, we were fast friends, indeed! (And not just because of the aforementioned amenities...because you're awesome and hilarious and kind of what I want to be when I grow up!)

Megan - Thank you for a) having a sister; b) helping pull me back into the raft; c) making me laugh some of the heartiest laughs to escape my mouth. I'm sorry things couldn't have turned out awesomer, but I think you're quite charming and fantastic. If a football ever comes our direction, I will shield you. P.S. Sorry my face terrified you as I was getting pulled back into the boat post-dumptruck!

Amber - I'm so so so glad we could comiserate about life. In so many ways. Your sense of humor slays me through and through, and you know just what to say in all situations. I will forever be indebted to you for telling me about mouse depression ("What are you going to do? Tell it its grandma died...?").

Andrea - "You're going to be fine, but you have a bloody nose." It's one of my favorite lines to tell people from the trip, and you said it! I'm glad you've got my back--especially in dirt clod wars...(how old are we?) I'm jealous of your mad throwing skills! Also, I promise not to make fun of your flirtatiousness...much. :)

Brother B. - The driver...you were a champion, seriously. (That's a lot of driving, to Moab and back!) And you even sometimes participated in the crazy rants of four girls, which was semi-surprising yet entirely enlightening. Also, thank you for just smiling and nodding through our giggling fits and putting up with our Arby's pitstop.

...and so many more! Mike for the awesome cobbler. Goblin Valley for the clumps of dirt and the puzzling rock formations (how did they form?!). Jes for the greatest, shortest Sacrament meeting talk in awhile. Annie and Ashley and Tyler and William for making the whole trip happen!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

I am pretty sure this is some life metaphor for not letting go of the rod. Gag.

May 24, 2010 at 5:21 PM

 
Blogger Annie said...

well thanks for the shout out. i'm glad you came and that you had a great trip.

May 25, 2010 at 4:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home