Thursday, April 29, 2010

Nothing...and everything...

I haven't written on this blog in awhile. I could give excuses, but I'll just write this short snippet and give you the quick and dirty details of what happens in this little life of mine.

Last week, I was eating on my couch in front of the television. And I almost started choking. The thought ran through my head, "No one would find me for weeks if I keeled over here all by myself." (Cue Celine Dion song.) So, two hilarious videos that take the solemn edge off this crazy thought process of mine...

Lacy sent this gem along:


Stouffers To Include Suicide Prevention Tips On Single Serve Microwavable Meals

And I found this one after watching a Sarah Palin spoof Lacy emailed me. (Why yes, we DO get a lot done at work!)



As far as actual things that have happened to me since I last blogged...

* Getting hugged at the TRAX station on my way to work...by a creepy old man that might have also been a drug dealer. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and just go with 'creepy' here. Note to anyone at a train station: do not hug strangers. Ok, you don't even necessarily have to be at a train station...maybe just a good general rule?

* Survival of the Crazy Accreditation Workweek of March--a name which shall now live on in infamy...either that or the "Site Visit That Must Not Be Named." Also during said week, I did some freelance editing for my old company for a little extra change (whoa...no pun intended, but 'change' could go both ways).

* Traveling to the Emerald Isle...IRELAND! Pictures forthcoming. To be honest, I did not take any pictures there. I have a total of 5 (yes, five) pictures from the country on my camera. Luckily my friends took a ton of photos (for which I teased them mercilessly...oops...), so I'll post those soon.

* My birthday. One year older and wiser, too (cough cough). But any birthday spent in the aforementioned country has gotta be good. :) And it was.

* Had a car breakdown. Ugh. $300 for a new muffler/exhaust system. Moving past it. Could have been a LOT worse, so I'll just be grateful for a working vehicle. My poor car is getting old, and I think it's going to start dying more often from here on out. Drive 'er 'til she's dead, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Oh my heck I died laughing at those videos. SOOO FUNNY!!! Yeah I've been checking your blog waiting for Ireland stuff, so hurry up there! You know I have to live vicariously through your travels!!

May 2, 2010 at 2:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home