Thursday, August 12, 2010

Passport Picture Progression

Seeing as my passport expired less than two weeks after I got back from Ireland this last April, I figured it was time to get the thing renewed. It's not like I have any particular vacation for which I will be needing it soon, but I figure it's always good to keep my options open, just in case a chance to flee the country arises.

All I could think of while I was filling out the passport application online last night was that part in Sneakers where they're trying to record Werner Brandes saying all of the words in the voice code that he uses to get into the secure building. "I love to hear a guy say the word passport." Really, Werner, you fell for that? Really?! I guess it was back in 1992 when men would do anything to land a skir--I mean hot chick.

Ahem. Back to the point at hand.

Naturally, since I am renewing my passport, I got my picture taken last week.

Here's my smiling face:



Which is much better than my previous picture, circa 2000 AD:



The eyebrows! The double chin! The bangs!! The HORROR! Suffice it to say, I'm not sad to see this puppy out the door...

When the security officer at the Abu Dhabi airport told me that I looked 'much better' now (back in 2008), as he tried--puzzledly--to match the photo of my 16-year-old self to the woman standing in front of him, I was a little ashamed to say that yes, that was me (only now sans the 'wall of bangs'). On the same token, though, it's nice to think that, like a fine wine, I've only gotten better with age.

1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

WOW that was fun!! Yes you have definitely changed a lot, you're 1 hottie now as the security guy saw too. :) But don't you miss those "PERFECT" bangs??? A little?? Maybe not?

August 12, 2010 at 10:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home