Monday, November 2, 2009

Fix You

I am not a handy-woman. I can figure most things out, especially if there's a diagram or a how-to video on YouTube. Lately, I've discovered that there are some things that could use fixing around my place. And I don't even know where to begin.

1) My piano. One of the A keys doesn't work, and it's more honky-tonk out-of-tune than ever. I understand that this is a result of the move a few months ago, but I'd like to be able to plunk out a song without hearing the missing note. So I'm putting it out there: does anyone know a piano tuner in SLC that won't charge me up the wazoo to come make my piano sound somewhat decent?

2) The DVD burner I ordered. Ok, this isn't necessarily 'broken,' but I have too many wires going in and out of all of the electronics residing in my entertainment center...and I do not care to mess with a good thing. The plea: does anyone want to make my television viewing and recording easier by getting this thing hooked up? Fair warning--there are a lot of wires and input/outputs happening back there...it could get messy. I could probably make it worth your while...

3) The gas fireplace in my apartment. I moved into this apartment at the end of May. The fireplace was a quaint gadget I looked forward to using in the winter, but I didn't think much about how to work the dang thing. I believe the pilot light has gotten blown out or turned off or something, because when I switch the fireplace on: nada. I grew up with a wood-burning fireplace, so we started fires with newspaper and kindling. Anyone know how to work one of these suckers?

Other things I've busted lately:
- the latch thing that holds the visor in place when it's not in use
- the pouring spigot on my parents' drink cooler
- a spatula I used when I was scraping homemade ice cream from the freezer bowl
- my shin on Rachel's front bumper

But I don't just break things...
- I fixed Rachel's sewing machine on Halloween; just had to be a little rough with it, show it who was boss.
- I got my iPod to work again after I 'shocked' it to death. Who knew that static electricity could do such dire damage? I guess enough finagling got the job done.
- The hem on my skirt came undone, but ten minutes and a little TLC made it wearable again.

And now, a little shout-out to Coldplay and a re-disovered favorite:

1 Comments:

Blogger Joyce said...

Love the song...makes you want to swoon. :)

November 3, 2009 at 1:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home