Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thoroughly modern...? Maybe not.

I got the movie Thoroughly Modern Millie from Netflix in the mail yesterday. I got watching it (fantastic...come on, Julie Andrews really can't go wrong in a musical!), and got to the only part I've ever really seen before in this movie: the beads part.

Yes, Millie is trying to "modernify" herself and gets a long string of beads because it's en vogue. She looks down at the necklace, and it's skeewompus (sp?). She looks down several times, and much to her chagrin the beads lay horribly each time.

Then comes the text screen--

"Gee, I wish my fronts weren't so full...they sure ruin the line of your beads."



I looked down at my own long necklace...yep, skeewompus. I guess I need lessons in modern!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog, you put things so well! :)

September 30, 2009 at 5:32 PM

 
Blogger Jack Hattaway said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

September 30, 2009 at 7:18 PM

 
Blogger Jack Hattaway said...

You'll have to hit the fronts shop.

September 30, 2009 at 7:19 PM

 
Blogger Lindsay said...

I almost don't want to admit it but I've never seen Millie. Yep, it's true. Some things I noticed:
-Was this movie made in the 60's?
-Juliet Stevenson looks a bit like Julie Andrews. I think it's just the faces she was making in her awful wig but there was a teeny resemblance.
-Fronts? That's hilarious. It makes me want to call bottom shape wear "backs."

September 30, 2009 at 8:44 PM

 
Blogger heidikins said...

I LOVE Thoroughly Modern Millie...love!

xox

September 30, 2009 at 9:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home