Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas in fast forward

Christmas came and went without too much of a hullabaloo or fuss this year. There were some fabulous highlights, though:

* Tepanyaki with the girls on Christmas Eve. Our chef was kind of a dork, but it was hilariously fun and delicious, of course. Lacy and I wore basically the same outfit...we really are the same person...

* Going to the Christmas Eve Presbyterian services. My mom and sister had volunteered to help round out their bell choir, so we went and checked out their performance as they rang their hearts out for the Christmas Eve meeting. I saw my junior high band teacher there, too...

* Giving my sister the quilt I've been working on for the past two months. Yes, that's why I've been somewhat absent and boring in my blog postings lately. I worked hours and hours on that thing and didn't have much else to report in my life. And since I was trying to guard my secret like Fort Knox, I didn't even want to hint around it.

* Getting a GPS from Santa Claus. This thing is awesome, and seeing as I am a horrible navigatrix, it'll be nice having a beautiful British voice telling me when I've arrived at my destination. I love the way she says 'destination.'

* Rachel's awesome Christmas gift to me. She made me some sewing organizers, and apparently they became a whole family project as she raced to finish details and find components. There's a cute little set of drawers for odds and ends and then a hanging organizer for scissors, pins, measuring tapes, etc. I love to be organized, so this helps a lot!

* Watching 'Elf' on Christmas with my dad...and then quoting it later. If you've seen it before, there's a part where Will Ferrell drinks a whole 2-liter of Coke and then burps for a good 30 seconds. Then he turns to his half-brother and says, "Did you hear that?" One night while we were eating dinner, I burped pretty loudly and then my dad said, "Did you hear that?" We all laughed...until my 6-year-old nephew followed suit. Classy.

* Finding a sweet deal on hot, new boots. They were almost half price, and they fit like a dream. I feel like I could conquer the world when I zip those suckers up.

* Going to bed at about 9pm every night. Wow, if that's not pathetic, I don't know what is...

* Winning 'House of Fire' at my family Christmas party. Sarah and I were a team, and we started off pretty badly, but we came back to win it all! I sacrificed my shin to run to the bell in the middle...got myself a pretty bruise.

I hope YOUR Christmas was as joyful and pleasant! Onto a new year, complete with new challenges and fun times!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

My family did the "Did you hear that" gag all through Christmas break. My sister says it with such a great, goofy voice, that even though I think the whole thing is gross, I end up laughing everytime.

I'm glad you had a great holiday.

January 2, 2009 at 10:03 AM

 
Blogger Devony said...

I'm so excited about your new boots! I love that feeling. It's the best! Happy Christmas!

January 2, 2009 at 10:09 PM

 
Blogger Lindsay said...

There is nothing pathetic about going to sleep at 9PM. Okay, maybe a tiny bit but it probably felt great! I'm glad to hear you found some awesome boots!

January 3, 2009 at 11:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home