Sunday, December 14, 2008

My grown-up Christmas list



When I was a child, I would make a list for Santa Claus every year with things like a portable CD player or rollerblades. Sometimes I was disappointed about not getting the things I wanted, but most years, the haul at Christmas was smile-inducing. As an adult, and especially as I've become more independent, it's difficult to come up with a list of things I'd like...mostly because I buy the things I want when I want them. (Spoiled myself, much?)

This year, if I could, these are the things that I would really like. Santa, if you'd oblige? (I haven't included obvious things like peace on earth or an end to world hunger...everyone wants those...)

* A few extra hours to sleep in every morning. Just set all the clocks back, hold off the sun, and make it so I don't have to hit snooze on my alarm just yet!

* One year that I can dedicate to traveling the world. Oh, and the funds to do it with.

* Better fashion sense.

* The ability to eat whatever I want, whenever I want, and not have to worry about gaining weight.

* A time machine to go back and right some wrongs, maybe lessen some mistakes. Not much...I wouldn't want to change the entire course of history.

* Good eyesight.

* Less winter in Utah. Snow is pretty...but it is cold, wet, difficult to drive in--just plain annoying, if you ask me. And yes, I have been skiing before. :)

* A man with whom I can communicate and who respects me. It wouldn't hurt if he were good looking to boot.

* One of those 'EASY' buttons that Staples has on their commercials. I'd take that sucker everywhere! Big project at work? Easy. Gourment dinner? Easy. Singing that duet at church today? EASY.

* A Keane concert tour stop, anywhere in the U.S.

* More courage to get out there and actually make a difference for myself and the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home