Monday, July 2, 2012

Challenge: Hobo burgers

I learned two lessons last night:

Lesson #1: When a guy offers to wash the dishes, you let him do it...especially if he's been making a mess in your kitchen--no, this isn't metaphorical.  I guess I did help in making said mess, but dinner was satisfyingly worth it.  And I gotta say, it's pretty nice not having to cook alone and then face all of the clean-up by myself.

Lesson #2: If you get challenged to eating the entire huge burger filled with cheesy goodness (see: scrumptious picture to the left), you don't hesitate in consuming every last delicious bite, including the fries on the side.  Then you revel in the triumph and ponder on whether or not your appetite will ever return.

The burger on the left is a pizza burger, and I don't think my description will do it justice--pepperoni, mozzarella, a zillion spices, sealed up between two patties of beef, and then grilled to perfection, then pepperoni, mozzarella, more spices, and marinara sauce on top (did I miss anything, Andrew?)...its creator really went to town, but the bite I had was freaking fantastic.  My hobo burger (what some call it when you stuff a bunch of awesomeness between two meat patties) was a little more conservative, but I packed it full of three cheeses (blue, mozzarella, cheddar) and then topped it off with some applewood walnut smoked cheddar I bought at the Farmers Market this weekend.  For a girl who loves cheese, this sucker was heaven on earth.  And yeah, it was a daunting task to fit all of that food on the plate in my stomach, but my competitive spirit rose to the challenge.  All in all, a delectable dinner and a delightful evening.

Now if only I could think of a way to get my dishes washed more often...

1 Comments:

Blogger heidikins said...

Um, awesome. All around.

xox

July 2, 2012 at 3:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home