Thursday, January 14, 2010

A few of my favorite things

Julie Andrews sang about them...and Oprah has entire show dedicated to them every year: favorite things! Here are some things I've come across lately (or rediscovered) that I love.

1) Scrabble cupcake (found here amongst a lot of other nerd-worthy cupcakes...)



How can you not love cupcakes with cute, miniature versions of things you already love on them? As is evidenced by my last birthday cake, I'm a Scrabble lover.

2) Express cardigan

I found this gem last Saturday during my quest for a simple black cardigan. WIN. And pretty cheap, too. Usually $49.50, now $19.50. And I had a 15% coupon to boot. Clothes are always better when you get them on sale.

3) Librivox



I'd heard about this from a co-worker a couple years ago, but in a recent conversation with a friend, this little gem came up. I'm currently listening to Jane Eyre on my way to and from work. I gotta say--this is a fantastic way to catch up on classics.

4) Jamba Juice



At my old job, we'd have "Jamba Juice Fridays," so I got to try tons of different flavors. My favorite is Strawberry Surf Rider with raspberries. If I'm feeling the need to be good (as far as caloric intake goes), I go for one of the all-fruit flavors, Mega Mango with raspberries. Fruuuit...mmmmm....

5) How I Met Your Mother - 100th Episode - Barney's "Suit Song"




This was aired on Monday night. Barney Stinson (played by the awesome actor, Neil Patrick Harris--Doogie Howser, in case you've been living under a rock), huge womanizer that he is, is trying to choose between a woman and his suits. His musical response made me clap with glee and rewind for a second helping.

6) Around-the-back earmuffs



I got a pair of these babies for Christmas from my sister, Sarah. I can now do the following: a) listen to my iPod; b) keep my hair kempt; c) arrive at work with unfrozen ears. If you ask me, that's kind of a fabulous combo.

7) 500 Days of Summer







I am the guy in this movie. I know that's a weird comparison, but I could feel his heart-wrenching pain as I watched every scene. The first time watching this movie is difficult and sickening. The second time made me want to buy a copy of the DVD. I can't explain this phenomenon--all I know is that if you haven't seen it, you should. Guys, this means you, too.

8) Conjunction Junction



...and Schoolhouse Rock in general. I had my music on shuffle, and this beaut came up...English language usage AND a catchy tune? Sold.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the scrabble cupcake! SO awesome!

January 14, 2010 at 4:41 PM

 
Blogger chucho said...

annie-
i love you a lot and stuff, but since you and i are friends i feel the need to tell you how i feel about 500 days of summer. so THE DAY it came out, ammon and i went to see it. he wasn't too excited, but i am huge zoey lover and have seen 2/3 of all the movies she's ever made (and if you ever come into the tower while i'm working, chances are one of her movies will be playing on the tv behing the counter). this movie though, i don't know. marc webb has only done music videos, and this was his first feature length. he doesn't know how to make you feel the things he wants, so he just plays music. the whole thing is a giant music video!
i did love the clothes and the split screen part (when it shows him going to the party, know what i'm talkin' about?), but other than that, it was a 2 star movie.
i still think you are awesome, though...i just thought you would want to hear another point of view on the movie. i consider it the equivalent of me telling you that i like the book The Picture of Dorian Gray and you telling me it's lame. am i explaining myself too much? i always feel arrogant leaving messages on these things.

January 17, 2010 at 8:25 AM

 
Blogger Adrianne Miller said...

I still haven't seen 500 days of Summer!!! I suck!

January 20, 2010 at 7:46 AM

 
Blogger Jessica said...

hmmm...i love so many of these things...that is why we are friends - because we are the same!

January 25, 2010 at 4:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home