Monday, September 29, 2008

Life's little devastations

If hardship comes in threes, I might just be in for some trouble. This past week for my family has kind of been a doozie. I think I'll just count my blessings and continue to try to play a supporting role here.

I got a phone call on Wednesday from my bro-in-law, Dennis. Turns out he'd lost his job...the one tied to their family's insurance. Agh!! Kind of important to have insurance when you have two kids with medical conditions. Luckily I have good news to report in this arena as of late...well, kind of good news: he may have found another job. Our family's praying for things to work out for them.

I got another phone call from my mom on Saturday morning. "Natalie's apartment building is on fire." Um...um...UM! Yeah, if you read in the news on Saturday, the apartment building that burned down in Midvale? That's her's. Well, the apartment next to her's is the one that actually had flames. As scary as that is, Natalie's place was fortunate enough to not to get engulfed by the fire. There was plenty of smoke damage and water damage by the time they were allowed back in that evening.

As Ben and I were leaving my house on Saturday night to go to dinner and a music festival, my mom called and told me that we were moving Natalie--right then. We headed up to her place after grabbing something to eat and going to the festival for ten minutes. At their place, the smell of smoke was so acrid and gross...I got a little sick from it, even. I felt horrible for Ben, thinking I had dragged him into this. He was a really good sport about it and helped a ton. We got most of their stuff packed and out of there.

And so go the fun times of life. I think I'd better take some extra precautions this week, maybe invest in a helmet or some elbow pads. I'll be super cautious as I'm driving and check to make sure my meat is fully cooked before consumption.

1 Comments:

Blogger Adrianne Miller said...

You wouldn't want to get Mad Cow disease. I saw Nat's appartment on the news. Fires are bad.

September 29, 2008 at 11:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home