Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Holiday Cheer

In looking at my meager posting on this blog, I realize that I need to be more diligent at getting on here and writing. I mean, I've got some pretty amazing thoughts running around this brain of mine (and some not-so-amazing ones, too....) and I want to share with the world! Yeah, I can't imagine that the world would really want to be privy to what I put down here, but for those of you who read this occasionally, lucky you! I'll try to catch everyone up on the happenings...



Christmas happened! (Big news, huh?) It was a lot of fun to celebrate with the family. We did the usual nativity reenactment on Christmas Eve, along with the usual pajama pants opening...traditions are great, aren't they? I got to play Joseph in our little Snow pageant. I'm a girl, in case you haven't noticed. But I put on my best husky voice and did my part. Sarah was Mary...worked out great considering she is actually pregnant. These Christmas festivities were a little different. Natalie's boyfriend came and celebrated with us. It was the first meeting for any of us, so I can imagine how overwhelming it would be to come to a house full of crazy adults, a 5-year-old who talks and talks and talks, 3 dogs (Paulie brought hers), and trying to impress these people. It was a lot of fun, though.



Then came Christmas morning...I'm a person who loves being surprised with what gifts I'll be getting, and this year was no disappointment! Santa brought me a hall tree. I love it. LOVE IT. I wish I had a picture to show what it looks like, for those of you who are confused by what a hall tree actually is. It's a stand type of thing with a rack for coats and a mirror and a little cupboard at the bottom. My description does it no justice...because it's amazing! I had been eyeing the one at my parents' house, thinking about purchasing one for myself, but I hadn't done anything about it yet. Looks like Santa was listening... The family also got Guitar Hero III. Man, that game is a good time! Sure, I'm awful at it, but it's fun to practice, at least. The rest of Christmas morning was really good...we got to talk to Laura in the United Arab Emirates. Found out that she, too, is pregnant! She's due in July, so that will be fun. Two new nieces/nephews coming my way! Hey, maybe this will satisfy my mother enough that she won't worry about my old maid status anymore. ;)



New Year's was fantastic as well. I didn't have any huge plans pending, but we got an invitation from our friends Scott and James to go with them to Centerville and have dinner and hang out whilst ringing in this joyous 2008. It was a lot of fun, and I actually kept my eyes open until midnight (which is quite the feat for me!). James didn't think I could last. Well, he was partially correct, because around 12:15, I fell asleep on the chair I was sitting in. I'm like a small child who wants to be awake for the party but is so exhausted when it comes right down to it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shawn and Brittany said...

I am glad that someone else has the same sleeping problem as I do! On New Years I volunteered to take the brand new baby to a quiet room....where we both slept. But no worries I woke up an hour before the ball dropped so I missed nothing!

January 25, 2008 at 8:25 AM

 
Blogger Adrianne Miller said...

You are a girl?

January 25, 2008 at 3:15 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home