Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Annie versus the Universe

Jim from The Office put it best..."Congratulations, Universe. You win." That's how I've been feeling the past few days. I have come to the realization that I don't control much, if anything at all. That's difficult for me...but hey, it's better this way because I usually muck stuff up anyway.

I was quite satisfied with myself, though, with the way I handled the Universe's curveball on Saturday. A big chunk of the past came and landed in my lap. I picked it up, set it down and walked away from it, gracefully, I might add. I looked at my past self, considered my present self, and pondered on my future self and realized that I'm on a good path. Not a perfect one, mind you, but it's mine. I can honestly say that I faced the demon and am actually better for the wear.

In what looks to be the coolest news of this post...I might be headed to Cairo next March! It would be an understatement to say that I'm excited. I'm literally beaming every time I think about it. I'm traveling to United Arab Emirates to visit my sister, her husband, and their two kids. Then my brother-in-law may have a conference in Cairo while I'm there, so we're all hoping to take a little side trip. The original plan was to road trip to Oman to visit some of the traditional Middle East villages and go to the beach and stuff...I vote this is way cooler than that! I mean, that would have been fantastic, but this is downright awesome! I'll be sure to take tons of pictures if it happens.

Well, Natalie moves out next week. It makes me sad. Not that I see her much anyway, and I'm glad she's found a place and likes her job. So here's to new opportunities! I'm still moving all of my miscellaneous stuff into her room, and I've decided to break down and buy a new bed. A big, lovely one that I can sprawl across and enjoy. Anyone up for some furniture shopping?

As for Christmas...it's coming way too fast! I only have a few days to finish everything up, including the quilt I started for my friend who's getting married on the 29th. Not to mention gifts to buy, fudge to make, parties to attend, football to watch, people to serve. 'Tis the season! It's good to stay busy, though. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Shawn and Brittany said...

Way to take on the universe...I usually run the other way!

December 19, 2007 at 9:45 AM

 
Blogger Adrianne Miller said...

Have a Holly Jolly XMAS! That is all.

December 19, 2007 at 2:20 PM

 
Blogger Devony said...

Oh I can't even tell you how much this Egyptian History Major is envying you right now. So great though!

February 10, 2008 at 1:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home