Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Being alone is strange...and good!

My sister, assistant at work, roommate and friend, Rachel has moved out of my place. She left the 1st of April, and since then, my house has been fairly quiet! Don't get me wrong, I love that girl and we've had so much fun the last two years, but I also love a little independence.

She moved back up to my parents' house for the summer to take courses in American Sign Language Interpreting. For those of you who don't know her, she is amazing at sign language. We even tease her that she is always finger spelling, but that's what keeps her senses sharp. They have a program up at the DATC (Davis Applied Technology College) that she has started, and I think it will really help her.

Her plan is to move back in with me at the end of the summer. Until then, the kitchen will only get messy when I cook something. I can leave things out in the middle of the living room and not feel guilty that I'm infringing upon anyone's space. I can listen to my music or watch television whenever I want and not feel bad about waking her up or watching one of our favorite shows without her.

I mean, honestly, she is very low maintenance and we get along fabulously. We can talk about everything and we have so much in common. But after working together, living together, going to everything together with our group of friends, it's probably best that we part ways, at least for a little bit. I know I'll miss her, but just in case you start feeling sorry for me, just know that I like some alone time, too!
This is us last summer when my mom pulled out the camera...we just can't help it! (Man, my hair is long!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Shawn and Brittany said...

You guys def are sisters!

April 23, 2008 at 8:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home